Diary of Design Thinking
The Diary of Design Thinking is a podcast for UX, Product, and Content Designers and Researchers to learn the ugly side of the discipline. After being a guest for an episode on season 1, Simon asked me back to co-host season 2 for the 2023 calendar year.
Long story short: we discuss the ugly side of being a Product Designer at all levels, and how to overcome the challenges.
Table of contents
Show notes for the 2023 season.
18: Figma's hidden shotcut, design efficiency, and famous Spanish slogans
17: Job hunting, getting unstuck, and your first hire
16. Pfizer's Design System, spatial design, and AI is coming after your (boring) job
15. Design Systems, ChatGPT, and Beer with Dan Donald
14. Design feedback the right way, handling aggressive feedback, and lowering your defences
13. Should Product Designers work remotely, and the ultimate desk setup for UX/UI work
12. Do designers need to draw, stuck in Senior and Lead positions, and when stakeholders disagree
11. Bait-and-switch jobs, a layoff survival guide, and the art of disagreeing with stakeholders
You can listen to all the episodes on Riverside, Spotify, and Apple Podcasts. I recommend tuning in to episode 5: Empathising with Engineers for an Excellent Product.